REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY RANGE: $80,000-$120,000/year based on experience & qualifications
LOCATION: Bellingham, WA, remote option available
BENEFITS: Medical, dental and vision insurance, optional FSA, 401(k) with employer match, life and AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Program, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, 21.67 days of Paid Time Off + 10 holidays.
Tidal Vision and Clear Water Services:
We believe that sustainability should not require customers to compromise on price, convenience, or performance. Our mission is to create positive and systemic environmental impact by making our biopolymer solutions cost competitive, more convenient, and better performing than the synthetic chemicals we displace. We value innovation and take pride in challenging the status-quo; we choose to view obstacles as opportunities. We value new ideas and encourage the team to apply creativity and invent new solutions to meet challenging demands. We value open, direct communication and foster a collaborative working environment through our unique approach to work culture. We value our employees and demonstrate that through our compensation and benefits programs and opportunities for growth and development.
Clear Water Services supports Tidal Vision’s mission by leading the industry as water treatment application experts. They provide compliance management and solutions that are designed for each customer’s unique goals, challenges, and mission. Together, Tidal Vision and Clear Water Services offer a suite of solutions for all customer needs.
The Financial Controller will create and implement systems that support the growth of Tidal Vision and their financial goals. This role will work closely with the CFO to understand business needs and requests to streamline financial operations. This employee will have an active role in strategizing and forecasting for the company’s future.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, providing insights and recommendations to senior management
- Create and implement policies and procedures to help scale the accounting function to streamline processes and ensure compliance
- Design and implement new data accumulation systems including the needed controls for reporting systems
- Establish (in coordination with CFO) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Accumulate and apply labor and overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Lead month end close
- Review job cost, revenue recognition
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Coordinate external audit
- Create and implement sustainability continuous improvement strategies
- Travel 5-10% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years experience in finance, accounting, or related field
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and budgeting
- Proficiency with Quickbooks online
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Most of the work is performed in an office setting. May require sitting for long periods of time. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Incumbent is subject to a background check
Tidal Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.