JOB TITLE: WATER TREATMENT LABORATORY APPLICATION SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR TIDAL CLEAR
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 – $110,000 + relocation assistance
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, EAP, tuition reimbursement, 21.67 days PTO and 10 holidays
About Tidal Vision:
Tidal Vision, a worldwide leader in chitosan technology, develops solutions in four key areas of chitosan: extraction, modification, formulation, and application. By integrating these to provide high performance, convenient, and cost-effective solutions, Tidal Vision has strategically positioned its chitosan-based products for widespread adoption.
Chitosan’s unique properties make it suitable for over 400 current market applications that typically rely on problematic chemicals. Tidal Vision’s chitosan offerings are not only eco-friendly and safe but also outperform the synthetic alternatives they replace. With superior pricing and performance, our solutions present an advantage for both people and the planet.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Water Treatment Laboratory Application Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in water treatment, specifically in jar testing, and possess a solid understanding of chemistry principles. With experience working in a laboratory setting, preferably at a prominent water treatment company, the candidate should be well-versed in various testing protocols, equipment operation, and different types of water treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform jar tests on water samples using different treatment chemicals and methods to determine the most effective treatment solutions for specific water conditions.
- Actively work on product development and testing various formulas to determine which one has the highest efficacy.
- Use your in-depth understanding of water treatment processes, including coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, disinfection, and other chemical treatments to come up with the best solutions for our customer’s needs.
- Develop and implement testing protocols to assess water quality, evaluate treatment efficiency, and identify potential issues or improvements in existing treatment processes.
- Proficiently operate and maintain laboratory equipment used in water treatment analysis, such as spectrophotometers, pH meters, turbidity meters, and titration equipment.
- Perform data analysis and interpret test results with a keen attention to detail. Record data meticulously and maintain accurate records of all testing procedures and outcomes.
- Understand the value propositions of water treatment solutions and be able to work directly with customers to address their needs. Work closely together with the applications specialist to provide technical assistance, consulting, and training to customers on water treatment processes and solutions.
- Conduct research, collect data, and produce case studies and white papers for internal and external use. Present findings and recommendations based on comprehensive analysis and experimentation.
- Train and educate team members and customers on water treatment techniques, best practices, and new developments in the field. Provide technical support and guidance on water treatment applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory, preferably at a large water treatment company.
- Strong knowledge of water treatment processes, equipment, and testing protocols.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and document data accurately.
- Familiarity with various water sources and treatment challenges.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to engage with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented mindset and the ability to meticulously record and maintain data.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality case studies, white papers, and technical reports.
- Proficient in using computer software for data analysis and presentation.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Incumbent is subject to a background check
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in a lab or warehouse setting with occasional travel to various facilities. Must be able to move throughout the lab, warehouse and office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, detect odors; and must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Required to wear PPE at appropriate times.
Tidal Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.