Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
Job Title: Business Development Representative – Water Treatment
Office Location: Remote
Reports To: Sales Team Manager
Status: Exempt, Salary
Salary: $55,000 – $95,000 base salary DOE, plus full benefits (401K matching, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, and more)
Tidal Vision is now recruiting for the following sales regions. Candidates must reside in one of the region states (except CA) and within reasonable distance of major airport: Please note which area you are applying for.
Southwest: CA, NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM
Midwest: ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH
Northeast: PA, NY, VT, ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NJ, DE, MD, WV, VA
Southeast: MS, TN, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL
South: TX, OK, AR, LA
In 2015 Tidal Vision began it’s revolutionary journey as the only US manufacturer of chitosan, an all natural biopolymer that is upcycled from food byproducts and is used to displace synthetic chemicals across several industries. At Tidal Vision we believe nature does it better. We provide several major industries across the globe with natural, non-toxic biopolymer solutions to replace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. We are experiencing exponential growth and are building our Sales & Business Development Team. We are looking for team members who will help to elevate our team to the next level and who would excel in our company culture.
This role will be focused on building long term relationships with key accounts in the water treatment industry, where our nontoxic biochemistry solutions displace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. In this geography specific outside sales position you will be responsible for the entire sales cycle (prospecting, needs analysis, identifying solutions with our chemistry team, then closure and account expansion). One of the key success factors in this position is collecting key market input for our team of chemists so we can provide your accounts with turn-key solutions.
Our company is committed to our long term relationship with our customers, and is continuously nurturing those relationships and identifying ways we can displace more synthetic chemicals for them. This is a solution-based sales process, and our Core Services department is there to support you every step of the way.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops relationships with potential customers to bring them through the entire sales process, which includes prospecting, needs analysis, identifying solutions with our chemistry team, then closure and account expansion.
- Works closely with the Sales Manager to understand the storm water and wastewater market and develop strategies and goals.
- Works hand-in-hand with our strategic partners in the water treatment industry to ensure win-win sales solutions for all.
- Develops expertise in sales prospecting platforms and tools.
- Profiles accounts and prospects and develops Tidal Vision solutions for customer’s pain points (sustainability, price, performance, etc).
- Meets or exceeds strategic goals and committed targets by creating dynamic relationships with qualified leads and enabling the next step of the sales cycle.
- Manages current customer relationships to expand sales opportunities.
- Collect and report information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends, and results.
- Create and nurture prospect pipeline by effectively proposing the Tidal Vision proposition.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends staff meetings, trade shows, training, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars, or other company events as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in business development, sales or related field of experience.
Experience in the water treatment industry or any chemical treatment industry is highly preferred.
Skills & Ability:
- Ability to bring a prospect through the entire sales process, from cold calling all the way to closing, and then finding opportunities to further grow and develop the account.
- Self-starter. Must be able to work independently and with teams in the organization, “connecting the dots,” and bringing the appropriate team members together at the right times.
- Energetic and Creative! We are looking for someone who thrives in working in a high energy, fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Candid. Someone who enjoys giving and receiving feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong in-person and phone sales skills, email and other written correspondence.
- Effectively meet sales quotas and goals.
- High aptitude for networking across industries and channels.
- Ability to develop and execute business plans and manager territory as it is one’s own business
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling.
- Computer proficiency with mobile applications including Google Workspace and CRM system experience preferred.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Travel Required: 40-50% within given territory.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in an office environment and traveling to various current and prospective clients. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]