Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
In 2015, Tidal Vision began its revolutionary journey as the only US manufacturer of chitosan, an all natural biopolymer that is upcycled from food byproducts and is used to displace synthetic chemicals across several industries. At Tidal Vision we believe nature does it better. We provide several major industries across the globe with natural, non-toxic biopolymer solutions to replace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. We are experiencing exponential growth and are building our team. We are looking for team members who will elevate our team to the next level and who would excel in our company culture.
Job Title: Culture and Recruiting Manager
Office Location: Bellingham, Washington
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Exempt, Salary
Salary: $70,000+ DOE, plus full benefits (401K matching, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, and more)
This position is responsible for developing and managing a full range of human resource programs and actively cultivates the employee culture to advance Tidal Visions mission and encourage continuous innovation. The initial focus of this position will be in recruitment to meet expanding business needs and helping drive the company’s culture throughout the organization.
Tidal Vision strives to build and invest in the highest performing and most innovative team, to put our people and customers above process, to avoid company-wide rules as much as possible, and to have the courage to take unusual approaches to advance our mission. With this approach, we believe we are a more flexible, fun, stimulating, creative, collaborative, and innovative organization. The Culture and Recruiting Manager will assist us in seeking individuals who fit this culture as we grow our team and implement innovative programs that will retain satisfied employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strategic partner in talent acquisition to meet growing business operations including managing effective employment branding, recruitment programs, selection processes, hiring and onboarding activities. Maintains focus on hiring and onboarding to ensure a diverse, inclusive workforce representing the company’s core culture.
- Actively participates in and drives the company culture through the organization.
- Develops and manages a competitive and equitable compensation system by preparing and updating job descriptions, performing job audits, obtaining market salary information, coordinating the performance review process, and assisting in developing the compensation increase system.
- Assures compliance with relevant state and federal employment laws and regulations through research and consultation with legal counsel as needed.
- Develops, revises, interprets, and administers Employee Related policies and procedures. Meets with employees individually and in groups, as necessary, to explain these various policies and programs.
- Coordinates with management to manage health and welfare benefits and leave programs. Collaborates on benefit plan changes and employee benefit feedback process.
- Manages the Worker’s L&I Program, including communications with the Department of Labor, coordinating the light-duty/return to work program, OSHA monitoring and reporting. Identifies areas of risk and suggested improvements in the area of worker safety.
- Provides strategic Human Resources guidance in expanding national and potentially international business operations.
- Plays an active role in employee relations. Provides sound coaching, support and guidance to leaders and employees. Assists supervisors and employees in resolving work-related concerns.
- Maintains the Company Organizational Structure and provides input on it as required.
- Maintains all personnel and employee medical records. Participates in the payroll/benefit audit functions as needed.
- Manages other various HR programs, including but not limited to, Employee Recognition Programs, New Employee Onboarding and Offboarding process, etc.
- Manages outside relationships and contracts with providers of HR-related services. Assists with staff augmentation contracts.
- Active member of the management team providing critical analysis and input regarding current and future innovative HR & Cultural activities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in the organization of company-sponsored events, activities, and functions.
- Conducts research and collects data on human resource programs and practices as needed.
- Performs special projects as assigned that may include extensive research, public contact, and report writing.
- Helps develop or coordinate professional development programs, to include on-site and off-site training opportunities as required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field required and a minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in human resources management. Direct hands-on Human Resources experience may be substituted for full educational requirements.
Successful experience in recruitment, selection and cultural building to meet expanding business is highly preferred.
Certified HRCI or SHRM professional certification preferred.
Skills & Ability:
- Promote a culture that reinforces Tidal Vision’s values and expectations.
- Strong cultural competence and/or experience or understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and conflict resolution skills for a professional setting are a must.
- Current principles and practices of effective Human Resources Management.
- Federal, state and local laws pertaining to employment law and labor relations.
- Excellent writing/grammar and interpersonal communication skills (including effective phone skills)
- Must be self-motivated, with a strong sense of urgency towards action and results.
- Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Possess solid verbal & written communication, presentation & negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and drive results through others.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Current driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire for work-related travel.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in an office setting but will require occasional travel outside the office. May require sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]