Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application at the bottom of the description. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
JOB TITLE: Facilities & Maintenance Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Exempt, salary
This position is ultimately responsible for the overall maintenance of all of the company’s facilities and all the equipment within. The role is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems to ensure maximum productivity, quality, and safety while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. This role is responsible for the physical condition of the local facility, and remotely managing maintenance of our East Coast facility, and ensuring they remain safe and secure places to operate while coordinating with our team, company partners, and contractors.
The Facilities Engineer must have the ability to manage multiple projects, communicate effectively with vendors, outside professionals, regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders while keeping the Operations Manager and Leadership Team informed and up to date on progress. The Facilities Engineer must also be mechanically-minded and able to do the work required to maintain our production equipment.
The Facilities Engineer also performs the duties of the Lead Safety Coordinator helping in the development, training and adherence to the Company’s Safety Program.
The role requires someone with a go-getter attitude, is a self-motivated team player, and a true jack of all trades.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proactively develops and implements preventive & predictive maintenance programs emphasizing effective planning & scheduling for all equipment and facilities.
- Plans, coordinates and prioritizes maintenance requirements in conjunction with the production departments to obtain minimum downtime and high reliability.
- Learns how to operate and maintain maintenance equipment and newly installed devices as required by the position.
- Provides strategies, research, development and implementation for replacement and new projects relating to property, facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates and oversees contractors or other professional services as necessary and ensures completed work is inspected and conforms to specifications and standards.
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies and contractors to ensure compliance with applicable codes, contractual requirements, and safety requirements.
- Develops and maintains equipment history, repair records, repair frequency, and resource library.
- Ensures all proper permits are acquired, adhered to, and inspected for all projects.
- Performs the duties of the Lead Safety Coordinator, responsible for and participates in the creation of a safe workplace by continuously improving the Safety Program.
- Enforces a safe jobsite and maintains compliance with company safety plans, WA L&I and OSHA requirements.
- Ensures all areas are kept clean, organized, operational & safe for all team members, customers and contractors.
- Oversees compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and health and safety standards.
- Ensures that all work environments, practices, procedures and interactions are safe and productive.
- Executes and assists in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) as needed.
- Performs skilled work in a number of building and construction trade areas, a jack of all trades, on the building & equipment.
- Manages all aspects of the Company’s controlled access and security to buildings.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Assists with safety inspections, including fire panel, fire extinguisher and sprinkler systems inspections.
- Arranges safe disposal of hazardous material and recycling of reusable material.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends staff meetings, training or other company events as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager, CEO and COO.
Education & Experience:
- Technical trade degree or Bachelor’s of Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred. Demonstrated experience in the technical field required.
- 3+ of years of hands on maintenance experience in repair and maintenance of process equipment and facilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in facilities management position or proven predictive/preventative maintenance experience.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills required.
- Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Visio and a CAD software package or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Project / Capital management proficiency/experience of $100k+ projects.
- Strong cultural competence and/or experience or understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and or non-violent conflict resolution skills for a professional setting are a must.
- Experience in running or participating in a Safety Committee.
- First Aid & CPR Training is a plus.
- Forklift Certification is a plus.
- OSHA 10-hour safety class is a plus.
Skills & Ability:
- Read, understand and follow safety rules and regulations.
- Promotes a culture that reinforces Company’s values and expectations.
- Must be self-motivated, with a strong sense of urgency which are results and action-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and locations simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. required by the position.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Ability to read & interpret diagrams, blueprints, manuals and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems.
- Ability to read & interpret documents, work orders and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Defining and resolving process problems through individual and team-based continuous improvement activities and structured problem solving methods.
- Possess solid verbal & written communication, presentation & negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and drive results through others.
- Troubleshooting equipment operating issues and recommending short-term and longer term resolutions.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical work from time to time.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, test equipment skillfully and safely under a variety of work conditions.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in a warehouse setting with occasional travel to various facilities. Must be able to move throughout the warehouse and office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, detect odors; and must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Required to wear PPE at appropriate times.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]