Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Applications received by 12/3/21 given first consideration. Open until filled.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
In 2015, Tidal Vision began its revolutionary journey as the only US manufacturer of chitosan, an all natural biopolymer that is upcycled from food byproducts and is used to displace synthetic chemicals across several industries. At Tidal Vision we believe nature does it better. We provide several major industries across the globe with natural, non-toxic biopolymer solutions to displace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. We are experiencing exponential growth and are building our team. We are looking for team members who will elevate our team to the next level and who would excel in our company culture.
Job Title: Internal Sales/ Customer Service
Office Location: Bellingham, WA or remote
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Hourly Rate: $29+/hour based on experience , plus full benefits (401K matching, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, and more)
Responsible for leading and ensuring effective sales order management. Serves as the single point of contact to provide consistent, positive customer experiences. Responsible for initial order entry, management of order changes, and order fulfillment coordination. Responsible for documenting all incoming leads, assessing leads, and determining if they are valid. Responsible for communicating lead information to the appropriate Sales Professional(s), track lead follow-up and prepare lead status reports.
Empowered to make decisions on behalf of the company in alignment with Tidal Vision’s strategy, guiding principles and total customer experience. Leads resolution of service issues that directly impact customer order fulfillment. Assists in earning:
- Customers for Life.
- Through the establishment of a positive customer experience while enhancing customer satisfaction and confidence.
Suggests additions to sales orders based on customer purchase history, knowledge of vertical markets, and commercial strategy. Gather market intelligence for entry into CRM Systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and processes customer purchase orders.
- Enters orders received via telephone and online in real time.
- Quotes prices according to uniform pricing strategy and current market pricing.
- Develops solutions to customer needs/opportunities.
- Evaluates needs/opportunities and matches them with Tidal Vision’s products/services.
- Establishes communication with appropriate internal Tidal Vision personnel (e.g. Operations, Sales) to ensure timely responses to fulfillment issues.
- Recommends increases in size of order by using sales history information.
- Builds and sustains long-term customer partnerships
- Creates mutually beneficial relationships with customers through establishment of rapport coupled with responsiveness to customer needs (return messages, timely follow-through).
- Maintains up-to-date information on customers (contacts, products, requirements, etc.).
- Fulfills customer expectations with realistic commitments.
- Displays effective interpersonal & communication skills (internal/external).
- Delivers timely and accurate information to customers & internal business partners both verbally and in writing.
- Actively listens.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tidal Vision’s products and services.
- Understands Tidal Vision’s vision, mission statement & quality process.
- Understands customer service policies & procedures.
- Teamwork collaborates with team members.
- Coordinates all routine aspects of customer orders, requests, and inquiries.
- Identifies and uses internal resources as needed to complete tasks.
- Supports team goals.
- Is receptive/flexible/adaptable to change.
- Understands, generally, about competitors and their services.
- Resolves problems/non conformances quickly.
- Uncovers and verifies problems/non conformances.
- Probes for all details on expressed concerns.
- Assists to resolve product quality issues in an efficient and timely manner, as applicable.
- Completes all paperwork, reports and administrative tasks in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
Education & Experience:
- 0-2 years prior customer service, customer solutions and/or sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or related job experience preferred.
- ERP/CRM experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter. Must be able to work independently and with teams in the organization, “connecting the dots,” and bringing the appropriate team members together at the right times.
- Energetic and Creative! We are looking for someone who thrives in working in a high energy, fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Someone who enjoys giving and receiving feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong in-person and phone sales skills, email and other written correspondence.
- General knowledge of pricing and marketing strategy.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- Incumbent is subject to a criminal background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of work is performed in an office environment and traveling to various current and prospective clients. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]