Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
In 2015, Tidal Vision began its revolutionary journey as the only US manufacturer of chitosan, an all natural biopolymer that is upcycled from food byproducts and is used to displace synthetic chemicals across several industries. At Tidal Vision we believe nature does it better. We provide several major industries across the globe with natural, non-toxic biopolymer solutions to displace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. We are experiencing exponential growth and are building our team. We are looking for team members who will elevate our team to the next level and who would excel in our company culture.
Job Title: Project Manager, Capital Equipment
Office Location: Bellingham, Washington
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Exempt, Salary
Salary: $70,000+ DOE, plus full benefits (401K matching, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, and more)
The Project Manager will run all capital equipment projects for Tidal Vision at all existing and future manufacturing locations.
The Project Manager oversees projects assigned from concept & initiation stage, through planning, execution, launch and closing of the project. Will be accountable for all project tracking and project related reporting. Will coordinate and direct all project related activities and resources. Participate in equipment selection and plant layout. Plan and coordinate construction or equipment installation activities with the plant production team. Develop project execution plan, communication (RACI) plan, and Gantt timeline. Identify and describe resources, schedules, and risk assessments. Communicate and align with Environmental Safety and Health and Facilities departments, vendors, suppliers, municipalities and others throughout the design and planning process. Participate in and help drive the permitting process as required including the development of drawings, specifications, and scope of work documents for subcontractors and vendors.
Projects can range from $10K to $5M so as a candidate you must come in with a proven track record for leading multiple Capital Improvement Projects simultaneously. As a great candidate, you shall have a sharp mind for processes and proven success in leadership, supervisory skills, and experience as a construction and prior Project Management knowledge.
You serve as a representative of our team, so it is crucial that you carry out your responsibilities in accordance with our company’s culture and safety policies.
Your demonstrated leadership and initiative is imperative for this position, as well as having interpersonal skills and the ability to build lasting relationships. You should be well organized and have excellent time management skills and be a self-starter as this position requires someone who can work independently with little to no direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assigned Project Manager for the entire project lifecycle for all Capital Equipment Projects assigned.
- Builds strategic relationships with municipality leaders, planners, reviewers & inspectors to ensure all permits are properly submitted, followed up on and inspected to closure as required.
- Builds strategic relationships with internal customers and external equipment suppliers to ensure continued alignment and success – before, during, and post project implementations.
- Develops All Project Scope and Specifications
- Develops detailed Project Plans and Strategy of Execution with goals and timing set by the project team.
- Schedules and runs regular project meetings
- Oversees all Execution of Project Plans
- Delivers all updates of project to the management team
- Ensures all project goals have been met
- Oversees the Launch and Training activities of project are completed
- Executed a project post mortem and authors the project summary
- Willingness to travel for installations and startups
- Drive lean and standard work principles to ensure early equipment management
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends staff meetings, training or other company events as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager, CEO and COO.
Education & Experience:
- Must have 8+ experience as a Project Manager, Program Manager, Plant Engineer, etc. performing the duties as stated above.
- Proven experience in working with municipalities through permitting processes.
- Ideally would have experience in project site selection and layout.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or in Construction Management or proven knowledge in these areas based on PM experience will be ideal as a candidate.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the processes, principles, and methods of project management, PMP certification is preferred.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Able to understand site and equipment technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in creating short and long term project plans and timelines.
- Skilled in managing communication among project stakeholders.
- Awareness of project interdependencies.
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
- Drive to work independently under general direction.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure.
- Expert problem solver.
- Proficient in GSuites, Visio and a CAD software or demonstrated the ability to learn.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Current driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire for work-related travel.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in an office and warehouse setting with occasional travel to various facilities. This job may require sitting for long periods of time. You must be able to move throughout the warehouse and office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, detect odors; and must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. You will be required to wear PPE at appropriate times.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]