Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
In 2015, Tidal Vision began its revolutionary journey as the only US manufacturer of chitosan, an all natural biopolymer that is upcycled from food byproducts and is used to displace synthetic chemicals across several industries. At Tidal Vision we believe nature does it better. We provide several major industries across the globe with natural, non-toxic biopolymer solutions to displace synthetic, and often toxic chemicals. We are experiencing exponential growth and are building our team. We are looking for team members who will elevate our team to the next level and who would excel in our company culture.
Job Title: Commercial Director – Water Treatment
Office Location: Remote
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Status: Exempt, Salary
Hourly Rate: $100,000 – $130,000 base salary DOE, plus full benefits (401K matching, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, and more)
This role will be focused on building and managing a sales and marketing organization in the Tidal Vision Water Treatment segment, where our nontoxic biochemistry solutions displace synthetic flocculants and inorganic coagulants.
Our company is committed to our long term relationship with our customers, and is continuously nurturing those relationships and identifying ways we can displace more synthetic chemicals for them. This is a solution-based sales process, and our Core Services department is there to support you every step of the way.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position will require a commercial leader that is a proactive and results-oriented person with technical learning aptitude, an open communicator, and a good team player with the ability to cooperate and communicate with different levels within customer organizations and within the organization.
This position will also require a strong networker with good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills that can creatively collaborate with customers both virtually and in person when necessary.
- Manage sales activity of a team of 4 – 8 sales representatives.
- Recruit, retain and motivate top sales talent to ensure the highest levels of service and performance.
- Work with National Sales and Marketing to implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Perform regular joint sales calls and work closely with strategic accounts.
- Monitor and analyze sales goals
- This position will represent the company with integrity in all customer dealings, and develop strong, and long-term relationships in which customers benefit and grow by using the company products.
- This position will be fully trained in all the company’s products and technologies to support customer value in the purchase of these products.
- This position will also deliver proactive and swift solutions with programs and processes to retain customers through product development initiatives with both new and existing customers.
- Develop specific strategies and tactics that will enhance the company’s continued growth and profitability in the water treatment industry with a sound understanding of product costs, margins and financials.
- This position will provide comprehensive customer services such as effective order management, complaint resolution, provide product performance information and data, and information on company policies, delivery schedules, and pricing.
- This position will identify customers with a high potential for “partnering” in growth by leveraging the company’s products, and strategic alliances to enhance long-term customer relationships.
- Train sales associates on Tidal Vision’s value proposition, business model, company products, services, and policies and procedures.
- Determine the most effective deployment of sales personnel. Set goals for sales calls including contact frequency and mobilize the sales force.
- Ensure that sales personnel continuously learn from each other’s experiences using a knowledge transfer process.
- Establish, monitor and administer sales incentive plans.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of key customers, including their product needs, manufacturing processes, technical challenges, personnel, and decision-makers.
- Work with the sales team to develop sustainable long-term relationships with customers to sell new business or defend existing business.
- Lead or participate in sales presentations as needed.
- Develop, manage, and commercialize profitable opportunities with current new and customer accounts.
- Recommend and execute plans to address any anticipated problems.
- Represent Tidal Vision at business/trade events as required.
Analysis, Planning and Special Projects:
- Create and administer the expense budget for Sales and Marketing.
- Oversee the sales forecasting process and monitor results.
- Continually gather and monitor intelligence on competition, new technical and commercial developments, and market trends; educate sales associates and others as needed. Propose new products, sales campaigns or market expansion to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Study data on sales results and orders by product, customer, and sales territory. Interpret data to identify changes or trends and diagnose issues. Be aware continuously of key metrics and sales indicators.
- Coordinate with the Creative Director Team to schedule and execute marketing programs, including trade shows, events, articles, publications and email campaigns.
- Coordinate with Technology to resolve technical service requests and assign sales resources to product enhancement or R&D projects.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree Business, Finance, Engineering, or Other relevant 4-year degree required.
- Must have Excellent Financial acumen concerning price modeling, margins, and sales analysis
- 8+ years of B2B commercial sales management experience that includes sales and water treatment industry product management experience.
- Strong business management skills including effective negotiation skills, ability to successfully interact with key customer decision-makers and influencers, and ability to prospect new customers and forecast future business.
Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter. Must be able to work independently and with teams in the organization, “connecting the dots,” and bringing the appropriate team members together at the right times.
- Energetic and Creative! We are looking for someone who thrives in working in a high energy, fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Someone who enjoys giving and receiving feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong in-person and phone sales skills, email and other written correspondence.
- Effectively meet sales quotas and goals through a unified team.
- High aptitude for networking across industries and channels.
- Ability to develop and execute business plans and manager territory as it is one’s own business
- Skilled at creating partnerships and have a talent for consultative selling.
- Computer proficiency with mobile applications including Google Workspace (G suite) and CRM system experience preferred.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Travel Required: 20% within given territory.
- Incumbent is subject to a background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of work is performed in an office environment and traveling to various current and prospective clients. Position requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]