Please carefully review the job description below, or click here to download the job description.
If this is a position that appears to be a good fit, we welcome you to apply by downloading the application at the bottom of the description. Please upload three documents with your first and last name in each file: a resume, a cover letter, and the complete application.
Tidal Vision is committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees. This is a learning process that involves examining our own habituated ways of working and shifting to ways of working that will not only attract but also sustain engagement and employment based regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran, uniformed service member. Achieving equity is our goal. We invite all who are willing to join in our commitment to apply and help shape our ongoing efforts.
JOB TITLE: Process Operator
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Non-exempt, Hourly
PAY RANGE: $24+/hour DOE
The Process Operator is an integral part of the production team performing functions to create safe, quality products for Tidal Vision. The position may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, handling and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, accurately recording information about equipment, process, quality and inventory while assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products. Duties also include loading and unloading trucks and managing warehouse inventory on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stores, retrieves, mixes, and monitors chemicals used in the production process.
- Accurately records information, such as ingredients, weights, and temperature, and inputting into a database.
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail and quality work.
- Demonstrates initiative with the ability to perform daily duties with little oversight.
- Troubleshoots issues with production equipment and processes.
- Observes all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations.
- Reports accidents, safety violations, or other concerns.
- Assists in planning and improving processes and product quality.
- Works effectively with other team members to complete the production process.
- Meets physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and effectively.
- Loads and unloads trucks utilizing forklift or other equipment.
- Maintains warehouse inventory in a safe, organized manner.
- Operates trucks to transport products between locations in Bellingham and Ferndale (CDL is not-required, standard state-issued driver’s license is sufficient).
- Completes shipping, receiving and inventory tasks as required which can be a large portion of the work required at times.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attends staff meetings, training or other company events as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Additional relevant education (i.e. Technical College) preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
Skills and Ability:
- Understanding of batch processing techniques and equipment.
- Familiarity with safe handling practices regarding hazardous materials.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear.
- Strong cultural competence and/or experience or understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and/or non-violent conflict resolution skills for a professional setting.
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety standards.
- Excellent analytical, research and documentation skills.
Licensing & Special Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
- Incumbent is subject to a criminal background check.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Most of the work is performed in a warehouse setting but will require occasional time at a desk. Physical requirements of the position include walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects (50 lbs or more), climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing appropriate PPE at all times.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If you feel that you are a fit for this position, please complete this application (click to download) and upload it along with a cover letter, and resume. You can also email all three documents to [email protected]